Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
misoca misoca is offline

Default Excel: External Network Links

I've started creating reporting files on Excel 2003 which are shared via
Mailsite 8.0 which link several files to one summary file. Currently the
file works when I open it, but not when another person opens it from their
computer. Ideally, multiple people would be able to access the summary file
with working links, and the correction could be easily applied to other
similar file relationships.

It looks like the file is connecting to the desktop of the specific user (in
the example below, misoca)before finding the worksite file (in the example
below, 90625), so when someone else opens it they can't access my desktop.

'C:\Documents and Settings\misoca\Local
Settings\Temp\NetRight\Links\WorkSite\[90625_1.XLS]

Another post hinted at what I might be doing wrong, but I'm not sure what
that means or how to fix it: "Also if your source files are on a network
drive and if you have mapped the network drive under different name it may be
causing the problem"

Thanks!