Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default VLOOKUP with date ranges

The last argument in VLOOKUP (and HLOOKUP) can be used to get 'nearest'
match rather than 'exact' match.
Give us some idea of the data layout and someone will show you how.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"The Cherub" wrote in message
I have some output from a database listing chargeout rates for various
contractors. As these are updated yearly, there are various values for
each
contractor, and each change has the date it was instigated.

I need to be able to reference this data to find whatever the chargeout
rate
was on a given date. The thing is, a normal lookup needs exact values,
and I
cannot work out how to get it to return the value on a given date.

Any suggestions?