Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John C[_2_] John C[_2_] is offline

Default IF Formulas

See Biff's response for a good formula (T. Valko). If that answer doesn't
work for you, Rick posed some questions that would need to be answered.
--
** John C **

"numbersgirl" wrote:

You are correct. Unfortunately, this is just a typo - the actual formula
uses ="Sun".
Any other observations?
Thanks for the response.

"John C" wrote:

In just a quick glance, if you copied your formula and pasted, you have
-"Sun" instead of ="Sun"
--
** John C **

"numbersgirl" wrote:

I have a formula that is to reslut in counting the number of incidences if
the line meets the criteria.
1. Jan (Month)
2. Sun (Day of the Month)
3. 11 (Hour of the Day)
4. The fourth criteria column just has a 1 in it to count.
If the line meets all 3 criteria count it otherwise put a zero in the cell.

Sum(IF($B$5:$B$5034="Jan",IF($H$5:$H$5034-"Sun",
IF($J$5:$J$5034=11,$I$5:$I$5034,0),0)))

This formula works for me with the "Jan" and the 11, but when I add the
third criteria "Sun" it gives me a zero.

Hope someone can help.
Thanks