Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ACarella ACarella is offline

Default Time and megabytes

Hi:
Thank you for responding.
No, I don't want to add time and bytes together. They are two separate
columns. I want to add all the time in the time column and get a total for
that column and then I want to add all the megabytes in another column and
get the total for that column.
Can you help?

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

If I understand correctly you want to add time and bytes. If you advise what
the answer to the sum below is I'm sure someone will come up with a solution

1h28m52s + 71.66 mb = ?

Mike

"ACarella" wrote:

I have three columns in an Excel Worksheet.

Table Name
Time of Data Transfer
Size Data Transfer

Would anyone know how to format the Time of Data Transfer and Size of Data
Transfer column so that I could use the SUM function to get a total.
Here are the two columns:

4s 6 mb
1h28m52s 71.66 mb
1h20m57s 1110.83 mb