Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Challenge for Anyone to take it on.

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 19:58:00 -0800, SO CONFUSED <SO
wrote:

I want a Formula that will answer the following.
EG:
110
110
124 =
344 D
The =sum 344 part i have done..
Problem i have is the following: I want a function that will find it between
a range of numbers and give a letter answer.
For Example
if answer is between

345:404 answer is B
285:344 answer is C
225:284 answer is D
184:224 answer is E

The next part is I need the formula to be able to change if i change the
sum. So if the sum answer is changed and the new answer is 345 for example it
would now be B now and not C.

Please Help.... ANYONE
FROM SO CONFUSED

Use a table and the VLOOKUP function.

For example:

Set up a table some place on your worksheet:

0 unspecified
184 E
225 D
285 C
344 B
405 unspecified

NOTE the entries in the cells next to the 0 and the 405. Since you did not
specify what you wanted returned in those instances, the word "unspecified"
will be returned. But you can easily change this.

If your table is in C1:D6; and your data is in A1:A3, then the formula would
be:

=VLOOKUP(SUM(A1:A3),C1:D6,2)

--ron