Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
a02227 a02227 is offline

Default Conditional Formatting a drop down list

Is it possible to conditionally format based on the selection from a drop
down list. The drop down list has a choice of 18 different status, the user
will select each on depending on what stage of developent a particular case
or client is at. I want to group the status together so if they relate to an
early stage the conditional formatting turns the cell green, middle stage it
turns amber and in the final stage they turn red.

I may not be using the correct method for this so if someone could advise
how I would go about this?