Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default using the active cell as a reference in a function

Is this what you're trying to do:

Find a value somewhere then change that value at it's location?

If that's what you're trying to do then you'll need VBA code for that.

I suggest you post in the programming forum.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JFA" wrote in message
I am not sure this is what I was looking for. In the mean time, I found
the
function CELL("Row") which seem to do just what I need, if I use it with
INDIRECT and CONCATENATE.

Now, I have another problem: once I succeed to display that variable
content, I would like to be able to edit it, and to have the updated value
reflected in its location of origin. It's clear that a simple "link" will
not work, since one of the 2 ends is variable. Any idea?

Thank so much!

"T. Valko" wrote:

See Excel help on the OFFSET function

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JFA" wrote in message
I am trying to create a formula in a given cell that would refer to a
variable cell depending on the row number of the current active cell in
the
worksheet. How do I do that?
Many thanks in advance,