Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brian_M Brian_M is offline

Default Complex conditional formatting

I have the following problem trying to set cell color based on conditional
parameters.
I have a large spreadsheet where I do a log transform to get a result.
Because of the formula, I lose the sign of the function. The columns look
like this:

Number1 Number2 Formula_Result
a l x
b m y
c n z

I want to conditionally format the cells in the Formula_Result column RED if
Number1Number2, and GREEN if Number1<Number2. I'm stuck. I can do an
individual cell, but can' figure out how to do that to the entire column.
Just to be clear the result of comparing "a" and "b" control formatting of
'x', the result of comparing "b" and "c" control formatting of "y", etc.