Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How do I create a drop-down menu to sort data?

If you're using xl2003 (or higher), you can apply data|filter|autofilter.
There's an option under each arrow that allows you to sort the filtered range by
that field.

If you're using xl2002 or below (or any version of excel, really), you can use a
technique at Debra Dalgleish's site:

http://contextures.com/xlSort02.html

Katalio wrote:

Hi! I use Microsoft Office 2003. A part of my job is to maintain a
spreadsheet containing data on vehicles my company owns & rents. It looks a
little something like this:

unit no. --- VIN --- plate no. --- year --- make --- model --- cost
(data goes in cells underneath column titles above)

What I want to do is have a drop-down menu that will take all that data and
allow the user to sort its order of precedence in the list by unit number, or
year, or cost, etc. How would I go about doing that?

--

Dave Peterson