Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mikael Andersson Mikael Andersson is offline

Default Sum values in columns based on values in named range

Hi,

hopefully i´m not in the wrong place to ask this.

I have a worksheet with a named range (people) currently 6 values there, one
column with lots of different values (Col D), and another column with numbers
(Col G). What i want to do is to sum values in Col G based on if Col D
contains any of the values in the named range "People".

tried SUMIF(D:D;people;G:G) and such, but i cant figure it out.

I´m probably just too stupid to see the obvious, but i really need help.

Best regards,

Mikael