Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default count if question

Hi,

Try this. I am assuming that data below is in range A1:E5

SUMPRODUCT((A1:A5=3)*(C1:E5="yes"))

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"gurmy77" wrote in message
I am trying to help out the office at work with this one but I seem to be
missing something. First off they are using excel 2003. I know the first
answer is pivot table but that seems over thier heads.

3 name1 yes
3 name2 no yes
4 name3 no no no
4 name4
5 name5 yes

Ok the numbers in the A column are a referance to what group these are in.
the names in "B" are indifferent and are there just for informational
purposes
there are 3 "C" "D" "E" columns in which a "yes" "no" or nothing is
entered
I need to referance group "3" and count how many yeses they have and so on
for each group.

I keep getting errors when doing countif statements. Another challenge is
that I haven't used 03 since 07 came out so I am a bit rusty on the
functions
of 03. and there are 60+ groups with at least 10 in each group.