Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default macro to move to another cell

Try

If Not Application.Intersect(Range("F1:F39"), Target) Is Nothing Then
If IsDate(Target.Value) And Target.Value 0 Then
target.offset(,-2)= InputBox("Enter Obligated Amount", "Input", 1)

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Frappier" wrote in message

I am new to vba. I am trying to create a macro that once I have entered a
date in any cell in column E, it will take me to column c (on the same
row)
to enter a dollar amount. So far I have created this macro

Sub test2()
NumberToBeInput = InputBox("Enter Obligated Amount", "Input", 1)
ActiveCell.Offset(0, -2).Select
ActiveCell.Value = NumberToBeInput
End Sub

and then on the sheet I have created the following

If Not Application.Intersect(Range("F1:F39"), Target) Is Nothing Then
If IsDate(Target.Value) And Target.Value 0 Then
test2

Please help.