Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Yearly Plan

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/doubleneg.html
http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html
--
David Biddulph

"Tony" wrote in message
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Year_until_next_replaced=F1),Future_replacement_c ost)

I am a little lost, what are the "--" in the begining of the formula?
Sorry, I have nort worked with this formula before.

"Eduardo" wrote:

Ok
First name the column that have the year until next replaced and another
one
for the future replacement cost then

lets say that you have the information in the columns as follow starting
in
row 2 with the information
Current Cost to replace Column A
last year replaced Column B
Life expected column c
Year until next replaced column D
Future replacement cost column E
2009 here enter the formula as follow
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Year_until_next_replaced=F1),Future_replacement_c ost)
2010
2011
2012
Copy that formula all over the years where you need it, and it will
summarize the totals per year from column F up to ......

"Tony" wrote:

I have a replacement reserve schedule that has the following
information in
Columns - Current cost to replace, last year replaced, life of item
(years),
Due for replacement, Year until next replaced, Future replacement cost
and
each future year (now for the next 35 years). I have created a formula
(IF /
THEN) that places the future replacement cost into to correct year.
This
only works for the first year, but not any additional years, i.e. if
the item
needs to be replaced every 4 years. Any thoughts on a formula I could
use?