Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] durbat2@googlemail.com is offline

Default Another sub total question

On Nov 9, 4:36*pm, Mike H wrote:
Hi,

Put this in d2 and drag down

=IF(A2<A3,SUM($C$2:C2)-SUM($D$1:D1),"")

Mike

" wrote:
Thakns for the response Mike but I don't think I made my self clear,
this is a production log sheet so is added to every day. I need to be
able to look back and see the number of components completed by each
shift on different days so need a total for ABC on each date

A *B * * * C * * * D
Shift * * *Part No Qty * * shift total
a *123 * * 23
a *23 * * *45
a *21 * * *13 * * *81
b *323 * * 45
b *23 * * *23 * * *68
c *1 * * * 47
c *323 * * 23
c * * * * *23
c *232 * * 25 * * *118
a *23 * * *13
a *2323 * *15 * * *28
b *23 * * *35
b *23 * * *23
b *23 * * *14 * * *72
etc. etc.- Hide quoted text -

Tested the solution out at work today and another problems cropped up,
the solution works fine totaling the production from each shift during
the same day but on occasions a shift might finish one day and start
on the same job on the following day. Is it possible to total the
quantity for either a change in shift or a change in date

MArtin