Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default INDEX? MATCH?

Hi,

Let's go back to Mike formula and give him credit, he just wrote it wrong:

Instead of

=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$50,A1)1,"Yes","No")

It should have been

=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$50,A1)=1,"Yes","No")

but this could be shortened as follows:

=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!C:C,A1),"Yes","No")

or if an answer of 0 or FALSE is ok, where false means it wasn't found and 0
means it was:

=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!C:C,A1),)

or if you use the version below if 0 appears it was not found, otherwise it
was:

=COUNTIF(Sheet1!C:C,A1)

Cheers,
Shane
--

"Connie Martin" wrote:

This is a simple formula, I know, and I wish the formula wizard was simple,
too!! Can't get it, so I need someone's help.

In cell C1 in Sheet2 I need a formula that will look at the numbers in Col.
A in the same worksheet and see if the number is in Col. C of Sheet1, and
return "Yes" if it is, and "No" if it isn't. Simple enough, I think. Thank
you. Connie