Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Do you know any formula to delete accents?

If you look at Character Map, you will see that there are many
possible accents, most of which will not be used in your language. The
formula I gave you will be limited to a maximum of 8 SUBSTITUTES (7
nested), so you could only change 8 accented letters (unless you used
further helper columns). If you wanted to do more, then a macro along
the lines of the one already suggested by amontes could be used.

Hope this helps,

Pete

On Nov 10, 4:59*pm, Eduardo Pinto
wrote:
Ok it's a begin, but maybe we have one function to delete all type of accents
eg. ^,~,´,`
Thanks in advance for your help
Regards
Eduardo

"Pete_UK" wrote:
If Jerónimo is in A1, you can use this:

=SUBSTITUTE(A1,"ó","o")

You can have up to 7 levels of nesting in Excel 2003 and earlier, so
you can build up a more complex formula using other SUBSTITUTE
functions in a similar way, to get rid of other accents, and then copy
down, eg:

=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"ó","o"),"é","e")

will give you:

Jerónimo * *Jeronimo
Pépé * * * * *Pepe

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 10, 2:52 pm, Eduardo Pinto <Eduardo
wrote:
I have a big database and to export I need to clean all accents, for example
the word Jerónimo I need it without accents Jeronimo, do you know any formula
to do that?
Thanks
Regards- Hide quoted text -