Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default INDEX? MATCH?

Mike's formula is looking for more than one occurrence.

You could try:

=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$50,A1)0,"Yes","No")
or
=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A:$A,A1)0,"Yes","No")

Connie Martin wrote:

Sorry, Mike, but this one gives me "No" all the way down the column which
isn't correct. Thank you for responding. I recognize your name. You've
been a help many times, and I appreciate very much you responding. Connie

"Mike H" wrote:

Maybe

=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$50,A1)1,"Yes","No")

Mike

"Connie Martin" wrote:

This is a simple formula, I know, and I wish the formula wizard was simple,
too!! Can't get it, so I need someone's help.

In cell C1 in Sheet2 I need a formula that will look at the numbers in Col.
A in the same worksheet and see if the number is in Col. C of Sheet1, and
return "Yes" if it is, and "No" if it isn't. Simple enough, I think. Thank
you. Connie

--

Dave Peterson