Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eduardo Pinto[_2_] Eduardo Pinto[_2_] is offline

Default Do you know any formula to delete accents?

Hi Gary,

With your formula doesn't work. How I can do a macro to solve this to all
accents eg. ~,^, `,´??

Thanks
regards
Eduardo

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Say you have text in column A and want each occurance of:
with

In B1 enter:

=SUBSTITUTE(A1,CHAR(243),CHAR(111))
and copy down

Then copy column B and paste/special/values back onto column A

You must repeat the above for each letter of the alphabet whose accent you
want to remove.

It might be easier with a macro.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200812

"Eduardo Pinto" wrote:

I have a big database and to export I need to clean all accents, for example
the word Jerónimo I need it without accents Jeronimo, do you know any formula
to do that?
Thanks
Regards