Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Do you know any formula to delete accents?

If Jerónimo is in A1, you can use this:

=SUBSTITUTE(A1,"ó","o")

You can have up to 7 levels of nesting in Excel 2003 and earlier, so
you can build up a more complex formula using other SUBSTITUTE
functions in a similar way, to get rid of other accents, and then copy
down, eg:

=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"ó","o"),"é","e")

will give you:

Jerónimo Jeronimo
Pépé Pepe

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 10, 2:52*pm, Eduardo Pinto <Eduardo
wrote:
I have a big database and to export I need to clean all accents, for example
the word Jerónimo I need it without accents Jeronimo, do you know any formula
to do that?
Thanks
Regards