Jon Peltier

Alfred -

You're better off not trying to hack into the file by yourself, at the risk of
losing all of its functionality.

To remove a user-defined chart type, choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, click on
the Custom Types tab, choose the User Defined option, select the type you want to
remove, and click the Delete button.

There's no reason to remove one to make room for another, as John points out, since
you can add a large number of user defined chart types.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Alfred S C Lee wrote:

I'm using Windows 2000 and Excel 97. During X'mas I started learning
charting - J. Walkenbach's Excel Charts (2003). Got stuck after Chapter 2,
after I had entered the user-defined data (parameters) and save them in the
xlusrgal.xls file. When doing Chapter 3 exercise (plotting other charts
using new data), I was stuck with my previously user-defined instructions.
Did try to locate and erase that file but in vain as I can't find it in any
folder - appears to be a hidden somewhere.

Two questions: (a) How can I free myself by locating the file and
deleting/changing the parameters? (b) Can I create several such user-defined
function files, each one for a different chart type and how to do it?

I'm an experienced Word user but a beginner in Excel.Pleasehelp-in
elementary terms pl.