Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default FORMATING UNUSED SPACE

Open a blank worksheet and click on column G. Then, while holding down the
SHFT key, touch END RIGHTARROW.

This should select all the columns from column G thru column IV and then

Format Column Hide

Is this the kind of effect you are looking for?
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200812

"William" wrote:

I saw a worksheet in Excel that was a form comprised of about 10 columns and
20 rows. All of the space surrounding the used area was grayed out, so the
page looked like a form in Access. I don't think it was a matter of using
Fill Color on unused cells; the gray extended to the ends of the workbook.

Does anyone know how this was accomplished
--
William