Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David David is offline

Default need formula for counting employees by hour

Workers Name are in column "a" then Sunday thru Saturday

columns b thru h the cells below the day of the week would show the shift
for each
employee such as 04:00-12:30 I wanted to populate the hours of the day below
each day of the week at 30 min time frame hope this helps

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

Can we have a little more information please? Where are you columeworkers names...
in a row or column (which row or column would be helpful too)? Which row or
column is the worker's hours in? When does your work day start and end? For
days off... when you use a "/"... is that all that is in the cell or is
there other text combined with it? Anything else about your layout that
would affect the calculation (lunch or break times for example)? You have to
remember that when you ask a question on a newsgroup, no one here know
anything about the layout you are using, so you have to tell us, in enough
detail, so we can visualize what your set up is.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"David" wrote in message
have data in one cell that shows workers hours by day 04:00-12:30 based on
7 day work week with days off which would show as "off" or "/"
have several employees that work different hours but require so many works
on the job through out the day to complete a task which in turn need to
make
sure I have sufficient workers on duty

looking for a formula on how many employees working on half hour