Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Text Function 2nd argument

Hi,

Just in case it's not clear, everyone of the suggestions your recieved can
be added as cell formats, so you don't need to use the TEXT function to
format a cell. Choose Format, Cells, Number tab, Custom and enter the codes
you recieved on the Type line without some of the quotes "0.00" should be
0.00 for example.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Gene" wrote:

THANKS for the QUICK reply!

"Gene" wrote:

I would like to format 1000000 (1 million) using the Text Function into $1M.
It works for K:
a1=1000
=TEXT(D15,"$#,###,k") Works fine
but
when a1=1000000
and I replace the K with an M, I get a #value error
I would like my end result to look like: $1M

It was successful just using the Formatcellscustom.
THANKS!
Gene:)