Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
franciz franciz is offline

Default Extract part of a cell

if the amount are always at the end of the text as provided in your example,
this will extract all the digits as text

Place this formula in B2 and copy down
=RIGHT(A2,LEN(A2)-FIND("-",A2)-1)

hope this help

"André Lopes -Brazil" wrote:

Hi,

My name is André Lopes and i am writing from Brazil.
I have a big problem and i am nedding help ...
I have in a cell (For example "A2") the following:

"Este é um teste e a taxa do USD é USD - 1.667"

And i need to extract only the value that will be, ever, *.***, where *
means any number.
Please note that i never know what will be the number of digits in the cell,
being that the value could have digits after it too.