Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default I need to have a certain number of characters in a cell

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by Field 1 etc but have a look at
Data|validation
Text length
and set the validation to the text length your need.

Mike

"jerminski73" wrote:

I need to have a certain number of characters in a cell for the data to
import into my scanner. I am using a dbf to import the data to access. The
data all looks good but now I have to export it and have it all a certain
character length to work.... Field 1 6 characters, field 2 30, field 3 8,
field 4 8. I know there is a way to do this but cannot remember where I last
saw it done. Thanks in advance!!!!