Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Spiky Spiky is offline

Default Lookup Information from Across Worksheets

On Nov 7, 2:51*pm, da77 wrote:
I have a Workbook with monthly worksheets (tabs) (i.e. JAN, FEB, MAR..., DEC)

On another sheet, I will have a cell referencing which month I will generate
a report for.

Using that cell, without using nested if statements, can I have Excel
reference data in that spciific month's tab for my formulas in the report?

I may not be clear in the ablve, please let me know if I need to clarify.

Thanks!

You can use INDIRECT in your formulas to create usable cell references
from text. Have the cell with the month name match the names of the
sheets/tabs. So, if A1 has "JAN" in it and you want to sum from the C
column on sheet JAN:
=SUM(INDIRECT(A1&"!C2:C100"))

Or you can define some named ranges, which can also be used with
INDIRECT.