Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Save while I work

I didn't notice that.

That's nice of you.

Gord Dibben wrote:

I did offer to send a copy of the Excel 97 autosave add-in.

See what transpires.

Gord

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 16:34:55 -0600, Dave Peterson
wrote:

That's too bad.

Maybe the OP still has access to the older version of Office.

Gord Dibben wrote:

Unfortunately that link seems to have been removed.

I can't get in amymore.................gateway timeout.

Gord

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 15:01:39 -0600, Dave Peterson
wrote:

ps.

Gord Dibben posted this:

Autosave.xla from Office 2000 or 97 will work with Excel 2002 or 2003.
If you have a previous copy, move it to your Office\Library.
To download the 97 version see here........
http://www.stat.jmu.edu/trep/Marchat/sp2001/Library.htm

turp2tri wrote:

I remember a time where I could set up Excel to be saving the file in the
background as I worked (different from the current save for auto recovery
functionality that only works after loos of power, etc) and I could close the
file without manually saving changes as I worked and know that if I re-opened
it, I would have the version that was "auto-saved" 5 minutes ago. Is that
capability gone or am I missing how to do it in 2007?
Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson