Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FiluDlidu FiluDlidu is offline

Default Conditional Formal not working

You got 2 very good advices already, but here my little chip-in: set your CF
as =value(yourCell)5... This will transform whatever you pasted in into a
value during the process of evaluating whether or not it is greater than 5,
without actually changing the content of your cell.

"mailrail" wrote:

Here's the deal...I'm importing a file from an email. I'm trying to CF the
cells to light up red when the value is greater than 5. When I use that
condition, ALL cells turn red. If I delete the numbers that are in the cells
and type them in myself, the CF works properly. Why doesn't the formatting
work with the numbers I've previously pasted in?