Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheeloo[_3_] Sheeloo[_3_] is offline

Default Save while I work

You are right. Auto recovery option is meant for recovering from problems...

I don't have access to Excel 2003 now so can no test but I recall that
functionality was same in Excel 2003... if you auto saved and quit without
saving you got your original file back...

Of course you can have a macro 'auto saving' then you will have the last
save back...

"turp2tri" wrote:

I remember a time where I could set up Excel to be saving the file in the
background as I worked (different from the current save for auto recovery
functionality that only works after loos of power, etc) and I could close the
file without manually saving changes as I worked and know that if I re-opened
it, I would have the version that was "auto-saved" 5 minutes ago. Is that
capability gone or am I missing how to do it in 2007?
Thanks.