Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dls61721 dls61721 is offline

Default Auto Filter Help

I have a spreadsheet with 5 columns (A-E) and almost 26,000 rows. I found a
problem yesterday when trying to filter a column. I tried to filter out a
date of 11/2/2008 and no records were filtered with that date. Other dates
work, but in reviewing the drop down list on the header I also noted other
dates missing. A review of all records did however, show them present. In
an attempt to determine if they were entered incorrectly I sorted by that
column and the missing dates show up in date order properly. I've tried
re-entering those dates, changing to serial number and back to date and even
copied formatting from working rows, but to no avail. Is there a size limit
to auto filter? Any suggestions other than putting in Access will be greatly
appreciated:)