Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jenssan jenssan is offline

Default How do I adjust Excel cell margins in Office 2007?

The indent works for the left margin, what about top & bottom?
My spreadsheet "squishes" the text even after selecting Auto Row Height. It
looks okay in worksheet view but not when printed. Any suggestions?
--
-Sandy J

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

You cannot control internal cell margins in Excel the way you can in Word.
The best you can do is use the Indent feature, as Gord and Tyro have
described.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Heather" wrote in message
Thanks for your post Gord. That makes sense. But then how do I get each
row
of cells to have more "padding" between the text inside the cell and the
edge
of the cell? The reason I wanted to adjust the margins inside the cells is
because my text is hard to read. I wanted to add more room at the end of
each
row of cells, without having to do it by manually adjusting the row
height.
Even using the AutoFit Row Height Feature, when I go to print my document,
inevitably some of the text does not print (although it shows up on my
screen
as if it's going to print just fine). I have to go through my document,
row
by row, and manually increase my row height to give extra padding so that
when I print, all my text prints.

Any ideas?
Thanks again!
--
Heather

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You cannot adjust the margins on a single cell.

Column widths and row heights are properties of the entire column or row.

Adjust one or both of those to increase cell sizes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 15:52:03 -0700, Heather

wrote:

How do I adjust Excel cell margins in Office 2007? I thought it would be
under format cells, but there only margin settings I can find are for
the
entire worksheet. Please help!
Thanks,