Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Conditional format - value of one cell greater than another cell

Imagine you want to change the format of A2 depending on the value in
B2. Select cell A2 and click on Format | Conditional Formatting, and
in the pop-up you should choose Formula Is rather than cell Value Is
in the first box. Then in the next box you can enter this formula:

=A2B2

Click on the Format button and then choose the Patterns tab (for
background colour) and choose a colour. Click OK twice to exit the
dialogue box.

Now if A2 is larger than B2 the background colour will change. If A2
is not larger than B2 then the background colour will revert to
normal.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 7, 12:09*am, Ken Starlin
wrote:
How do I set up a conditional format for a cell that I want to change once
the value becomes greater than the value of another cell