BClifft

Default Filling Formulas Across Workbooks

I'm am somewhat of a novice user when it comes to excel, so if my question
isn't really clear as to what I'm trying to do I apologize.

I have two spreadsheets. The first contains all the data we use regularly.
The second will contain some data from the first spreadsheet that we will
need to convert to a csv file to upload to a 3rd party program. When I
create a formula in the 2nd spreadsheet that retreives data from the 1st
(=[UNINV.XLS]RETAIL!$E$6) and I try to fill down so that the next cell will
be $E$7 it just copies the orginial formula ($E$6) all the way down the page.
I have filled down before when using a formula that only applies to the
workbook I currently have open. Can this be done? Can you fill down
formulas in a series across excel spreadsheets?