Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jmj713 jmj713 is offline

Default Count cells except...

It is.

I used John's formula, slightly edited it, and now I solved both problems.
Thank you both.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Is this related to your other post?

trying to get Excel to give me a count of cells that contain
data, except those that contain either X or Y.

In your other post you made it sound like there were only X or Y in the
range.

Perhaps you should explain in more detail what you want. Tells us where this
data is. Now it sounds like there is other data in the range besides X and
Y. If you want percentages, are there any empty cells in the range and
should they be considered or ignored?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

I'm trying different tricks with COUNTIF but nothing seems to work. I'm