Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Formula Help - Lookup, if, iserror??

for every row that exists in Wks 1, there is an match... in Wks 2.

OK, then you shouldn't have to be concerned with errors in not finding
matching.

Try this array formula** :

=INDEX(Sheet2!C$1:C$4,MATCH(1,(Sheet2!A$1:A$4=A1)* (Sheet2!B$1:B$4=B1),0))

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ash" wrote in message
I have data in two worksheets that I would like to compare/link. To keep it
simple, suppose Wks 1 has 2 columns of data and Wks 2 has 3 columns of
data.

Columns A and B in both spreadsheets have like data. And for every row
that
exists in Wks 1, there is an match (with respect to columns A and B) in
Wks 2.

Wks 1: Wks 2:
A B A B C
Story 2 Story 1 Red
Story 1 Story 2 Blue
Apple 3 Candy 1 Red
Candy 1 Apple 3 Red

I would like to populate Column C in Wks 1, with the corresponding data in
Column C from Wks 2.
So if, column A matches, then if column B matches, then C. If at any
point
it doesn't match, it should continue looking for the matching A/B
combination
to get C.

I hope this makes sense. I think I'm really having a blonde moment.

Thanks!
Ash