Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I Bob I is offline

Default darker highlighting

Can't say about Vista. You could try the different "Color Themes" in the
Excel Options, Popular settings.

Pyle wrote:

The contrast setting on the monitor has no effect.

Cells with no fill do not darken at all. I can see the color change on
shaded cells.

Any other ideas? I think I remember a setting in Vista that adjusts the
highlight color that Office inherits, but we are on XP with Office 2007 so I
don't know where to look to fix this.

"Bob I" wrote:

You can help this by increasing the Contrast setting on your monitor.

Pyle wrote:

I have the same problem.

This is not appear to be a cell formating issue. This appears to be a
display setting option. When I use F8, Ctrl Click, or Shift Click to select
multiple cells the selected cells are not highlighted. I can tell they are
selected from the row and columns being highlighted, but the cells themselves
do not change color so I can't tell what cells are highlighted.