Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CGCPA CGCPA is offline

Default COPY EXCEL 2007

Thank you for your kind and prompt response - following your process
highlighting the initial spreadsheet area and moving to the 2nd -- all I get
with CTRL-V is a one low tone beep - no data - Perhaps disrelated but making
reference in a formular to data in another worksheet just does not work
either. In prior excel's it was as easy as in the formula expression to point
to the external reference and click, in 2007 it acts like here the two
spreadsheets cannot interact.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Select the cells you want to copy
Go to the other sheet and go to where you want to paste (top-left corner of
the area you want it to be)
Press CTRL-V
You should get everything ...

To test open two new workbooks
Do some formatting on the first, copy and paste it to the other...

Let us know if you still have problems..

"CGCPA" wrote:

I attempt to copy a worksheet from one excel file to another, I have both
open, highlight the area in worksheet #1, hit copy, it appears on the
clipboard, I go to worksheet #2, put cursor on specific cell (the top left
whare I want the data) go to clipboard, place cursor on data entray, and the
option includes only Paste or delete. When I copy the data, no attributes
such as formatting, font, highlight etc transfers over. The paste function
does not provide "paste special" as an option. Copy / paste of complex data
is critical to my work, How does this work in excel 2007? Excel 2003 was
terrific what happened here?