Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How can I detect strikethrough formatting in a cell?

I'm not quite sure what you're doing, but I think I'd add an indicator column.

I could use conditional formatting for both of these cells. (CF allows me to
use a strikethrough font.)

But I'm not sure how your existing conditional formatting works, so I don't have
any specific suggestion.

ww wondering wrote:

I'm using conditional formatting in one cell to detect if there is text in
another cell used for notes. When the note is no longer valid, I change the
text formatting to strikethrough so that I still have it for future
reference. I would like to cancel the conditional formatting in the other
cell based on the fact that striketrhough formatting is present. How can I
detect strikethrough formatting in a cell?

--

Dave Peterson