Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GILBERT GILBERT is offline

Default Copying from one workbook to another

Hi Mike,

What does the F2 and enter do?

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

It sounfs like those cells for which it doesn't work are formatted as text
before you enter the formula. Select one of those cells and format as general
then tap F2 & enter.

Mike

"ptg1" wrote:

I want to copy data from a cell in one workbook into another. I've typed an
equal sign (=) into the target cell, switch to the other workbook, select the
cell with the data I want to copy, then click enter. Sometimes it works, but
other times the only thing that shows up in the target cell is the name of
the workbook, cell, etc. of the workbook I'm trying to copy data from. Help,
please!!!