the-jackal the-jackal is offline
Junior Member

Location: South Woodham Ferrers, Essex

Hi, Rather than start another thread about a similar thing i thought i would use this one.

I am trying to set up a Conditional Formatting to work as follows.

If "Sat" or "Sun" is typed in any cell in column A I would like that row to be highlighted with a colour.

For example if A10 is "Sat" cells A10 to Q10 need to be a colour.
For example if A11 is "Sun" cells A10 to Q11 need to be a colour.

Thanks in advance

Carl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Govier[_3_] View Post
Hi Emmily

You need to enclose the test value in quotes.
You need the row reference to be Relative, not absolute as you have. Remove
the $ before the row number
=$H1="Closed"

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Frustrated-Emmily" wrote in
message ...

Thank you both for taking the time and the trouble to post a reply.
However, I'm uncertain that I've followed your instructions correctly as
it
doesn't seem to work.

From Conditional Formating in Excel 07, I choose from the drop down menu:
Use A Formula To Determine Which Cells To Format.

I then enter into the box below (where it states: Format Values Where This
Forumla Is True) the following:

=$H$1=Closed

Then I choose a colour.

Then I paste / copy this formula into all the other cells so if the word
Closed appears in Column 8, the entire row will change to the same colour.

Kind Regards
Emmily