Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Satti Charvak Satti Charvak is offline

Default Help with function, if possible

Try these formulas:

=INDIRECT(TEXT(NOW(),"mmm")&"!a1") 'this formula derives the current month
and then accesses the sheet which is named as the current month...nov in this
case.

=INDIRECT("nov"&"!a1") 'Directly access sheet called nov and the cell a1.

These are just small tips. Pls let me know if we are in the right track and
these statements have helped you.

--
Kind Regards,
Satti Charvak

"Sheeloo" wrote:

It is not clear whether you want data from monthly sheet into Task sheet or
the other way?

Give an example row from a monthly sheet and Task sheet.

"Steve D" wrote:

Hi all,
Using Excel 2003. I have 12 sheets, each labled with the month name, I use
each sheet for a calendar for that month. Sheet looks similar to this, D1
formatted 6/1/08, D2,D3 =A1, E2,E3 =A1+1, formatted as d & ddd, formatted
across til the month end. (this sheet name would be June)

A B C D E F
1 June 08
2 1 2 3
3 Sun Mon Tue
4 Steve Off Off Desk

What I have done, is created another sheet, called "Task", A1 would equal
the employee name, A2 would equal the date (of the task to be preformed), A3
would be the 2 digit code for the task for that given date. What function
would I use that would match the sheet based on the date from the "Task"
sheet with the calendar sheet name of that month entered, match the name, and
put the 2 digit code for the correct name in the matching date box monthly
sheet. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Steve D.