Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John C[_2_] John C[_2_] is offline

Default IF formula

I am assuming you mean you are checking to see if one cell is larger than
another _cell_ by and for every increment of 0.05 larger, add 1% to it.
so, say A1=1st number, and A2=2nd number
=IF(A2A1,A1+INT((A2-A1)/0.05)*0.01*A1,A1)

--
** John C **
Please remember if your question is answered, to mark it answered :). It

"Confused in Canada" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet in which I need to be able to see if one cell is larger
by increments of 0.05 than add 1% per increment. Is there a formula that
would work, I have tried a couple of different If formulas but can't seem to
come up with the correct one.