Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eric Eric is offline

Default Paste Delimited

Thanks for your post. Take a look at David Biddulph's response. If you
select "Space" as a delimiter in the file you're working will, the paste
function will work with the delimited function. Odd that it works that way,
but sometimes useful.

Thanks

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

I had this parsing occur once and never worked out why.
However, you could do a cut and paste on all the cell
Then use Data | Text to Column on all the newly entered State| Abbr | Zip
Since there should be single space between each time, specify Delimited by
Space
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Eric" wrote in message
I am working with a large list of addresses that are all in one column.
i.e.
/ 123 Fair Ave Atlanta GA 12345 / all in a single cell. I need to break
these out so they are like this / 123 Fair Ave / Atlanta / GA / 12345
(street/city/state/zip).

I have accomplished this in the past by clicking into a cell cutting out
"Atlanta GA 12345" and pasting in the next cell over, but when pasting
excel
automatically split each piece of data separated by a space into a
separate
cell. This worked perfectly, but I have tried to repeat this methodology
without success. Can't figure it out.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thank you