Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default LOOKUP vs IF programming question

See if these help:

http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html

http://contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"tcek" wrote in message
I need to use the LOOKUP (V, H or other) because I have exhausted my IF
statement allowances in the cell. this is what i want to do.

I have two conditions..Look in cell c10 and look in cell c12. Depending
on
what those are the values in d10 and d11 will change.

i have a validation list for c10 and c 12. I have corresponding values in
table for d10 and d11 (depending on c10 and c12).

for example: if c10 = "grey" (from a choice of grey, black, blue) and c12
=
"small" (from a choice of small, large, short, tall, fat, skinny, up,
down)
then d10 = "28" and d11 = "5".

d10 and d11 will changed depending on what is in c10 and c12. the
particular
changes are outlined in a table that specifies d10 and d11. the table has
four columns: c10 choice,c12 choice, d10 result, d11 result