Hi

Try Find/Replace. Put a space in the Find field, and leave the Replace field
blank.

--
Andy.

"Tom" wrote in message
Excel 2003
Is there a 'Strip' function in Excel 2003 so that I can strip out the
imbedded spaces between words/phrases that exist in one cell and put the
'compressed' result in another cell?
For example, if I have "Business Profile Stage 3" I'd like to 'strip' the
phrase to be 'BusinessProfileStage3". I just need to strip the spaces
out,
nothing else (at this time..!!!). [Feature creep still exists!!]
I'm creating program variable names from useable phrases so the I can
understand what I did at a later date.
TIA,
Tom
[PS: Trim strips leading and trailing spaces but not imbedded. Using an
"AT" or "FIND" doesn't do it universally as I never know how many spaces
I'll
need. Unless there's a creative way to iteratively find all spaces and
remove them.]