Bob Phillips

For just one condition

=SUMIF($C$4:$C$33,"EA",$D$4:$D$34)

which is not an array formula

--

HTH

RP

"SpudHutton" wrote in message
I have a worksheet with a working formula that I want to use elsewhere.
But when I click on it and click on the formula bar the braces disappear.
If I type it in with or without braces I get #VALUE! and need to Edit |

Undo
Typing.
How can I enter a formula like this?
{=SUM(IF($C$4:$C$34="EA",$D$4:$D$34,0)) }
It adds the values between D4 and D34, but only for those rows where the
value in column C is EA.
I realise that DSUM does something similar, but I don't want the criteria
elsewhere on the sheet, just in the formula.
I'm using Excel 2000 9.0.6926 SP-3.