Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default "Center across selection" rather than "Merge cells"

Are you sure??
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
No, nobody calls me GEEZ <G

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
Not meant for you Bob

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
You could easily create a macro to do it and assign it to a toolbar
button.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Elardus" wrote in message
I use "Center across selection" and almost never "Merge cells", which is
generally a bad choice (across columns anyway).

I wish to add an icon or otherwsie modify the "Merge Cells" icon
through the
toolbars "Customization" process but unfortunately I cannot find
"Center
across selection" amonst the "Commands - Fomat"choices.

Which means I have to do my "Cnter cross seletion"always via the
menu.... Or
create an icon through a macro.

Can you please add an icon for "Center across selection" in the
"Formatting"
toolbar? Better still, don't even have the "Merge cells" icon there.
Horizontal merging leads to all kind of problems...

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.