MParham

Default VLOOKUP Problem

I have a spreadsheet that pulls data from another sheet. I enter an account
number in my main sheet and it goes to a table of accounts and pulls the
General Ledger description for that account. The sheet that I am pulling
data from is created by Cryatal Reports and exported to an Excel file (7
advanced). I know that Excel sometimes has problems with imported data and I
figured out by highlighting all the data and useing TEXT TO COLUMNS feature
and using delimited and turn everything off, this fixes that problem, so I
did that to the data file. When I enter the account number in my
spreadsheet, sometimes it will pull it correctly and other times I get that
N/A error. I will go to my data file and do that TEXT TO COLUMNS deal again
and when I come back to my input sheet, the G/L description magically
appears. I will save the data file again. Why doesn't this work
consistantly? I have never had this problem in the past.