Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Britt3 Britt3 is offline

Default printing mailing labels when data is in rows

This helped me tremensously!

Thank you!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Enter this formula in B1.

=INDEX($A:$A,(ROWS($1:1)-1)*5+COLUMNS($A:B)-1)

Copy across to F1

Select B1:F1 and copy down until you get zeros.

Select all and(in place)copypaste specialvaluesokesc

Or use this macro..........

Sub ColtoRows()
Dim rng As Range
Dim I As Long
Dim J As Long
Set rng = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)
J = 1
On Error Resume Next
nocols = 5 'or use InputBox("Enter Number of Columns Desired")
For I = 1 To rng.Row Step nocols
Cells(J, "A").Resize(1, nocols).Value = _
Application.Transpose(Cells(I, "A") _
.Resize(nocols, 1))
J = J + 1
Next
Range(Cells(J, "A"), Cells(rng.Row, "A")).ClearContents
Exit Sub
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 17:37:00 -0800, Britt3
wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that displays my customer data in rows like a mailing
label.
1 Customer name
2 Customer Address
3 City, State Zip
4
5
6 Customer Name
7 Customer Address
8 City State Zip
9
10

All the data is in one column and the data format repeats every 6th row. So
I have five rows of name and address data for one entry then five more rows
of data for the next entry and so on. How can I reformat data into columns
for mail merging or print to mailing labels using the current layout?

Britt3