Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
climate climate is offline

Default Reference column

Hi Joel
Thank's, but i want to save my time, i need to a formula or macro, when i
copy Reference column on the column A of the second matrix,arrange it's
dimension automatically.
regards

"Joel" wrote:

You need to create a listt of items that are missing from sheet 2. then add
these missing items to the end of the data in sheet 2 and then sort sheet 2
by column A including the new items added.

The best way is to work with a new sheet 3 so you done ruin the data on the
other sheets in case you make any mistakes. I would copy column A from Sheet
1 to column A on sheet 3. Then copy Copy Colu A of sheet 2 to Column C of
sheet 3.

Now on sheet 3 Add into cell B1 this formula

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,$C:$C,1,FALSE)),TRUE,FALSE)

then sort columns A & b using column B as KEY. The itmes that are true are
the ones missing in Sheet2. From sheet 3 the True items in column A to
sheet 2.

Now sort Sheet 2 by column a.

=vlookup(

"climate" wrote:

Hi
I have a matrix (A2:BJ200) on sheet1, and column A consist of name of
stations which name of any station repeated in 3 cells.( i say Reference
column).
On sheet2, i have another matrix (A2:BJ109), with missing stations.
I want this, when i copy Reference column to sheet2 (column A), blank rows
with name of station only create. in other words, dimension of second matrix
equal to first matrix with name of all of the stations.
Thank's for any help.

Respectfully yours